Going on 30 months into a pandemic, Eutopia Rising continues to hold high standards for how we keep each other safe. We seek to balance social, emotional and physical need with input, disability awareness and medical understanding in an evolving set of practices to minimize harm. We hosted virtual events throughout 2020 and 2021 as long as we had capacity, and very carefully resumed in-person events in October 2021.
Here’s what we are doing:
- Solar events are held outdoors when possible, and when held indoors are well-ventilated, masks and distancing expected.
- Attending Lunar events like Never Surrender requires full vaccination for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, but our requirements exceed those currently recommended by the agency. Voyagers must test negative on a rapid antibody test in the 24 hours prior to the event, must feel well without cough, runny nose, fatigue, body ache, fever, etc., and have no recent exposures to anyone with a confirmed positive test. All attendees must arrive masked, and anyone who arrives without submitting a current test result through our secure form will be asked to take a test and remain outside until the results are negative.
- Due to limited availability of Monkeypox vaccines, we do not yet require vaccination to attend. However, we do ask that nobody attend Lunar events with symptoms such as rash, lesions, fatigue, body aches, swollen lymph nodes, or fever. We take additional hygiene precautions with skin and fluid contact in mind.
- We offer full refunds on event tickets in the case of a positive result on a rapid antibody test, potential exposure to anyone with a confirmed positive test result, development of concerning symptoms, or any other reason that a voyager believes they should stay home for their own safety or that of our community. Please contact us at email@example.com to request a refund on your event ticket.
- A key element of keeping each other safe is open and honest communication around health and risk factors. We discuss and model how to have these conversations in a positive, non-judgemental way during our events, and we strongly encourage voyagers to be proactive about their concerns. Safety monitors and event staff will be introduced at the beginning of each event. We also reach out to all event attendees afterwards for feedback and remind them to contact us if they test positive after one of our events. For any concerns before or after our events, we can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to stay connected to what we currently have going on, we encourage you to join us on the Eutopia Rising Community Discord. This is a great way to check out our community, even if you’re not yet ready to become a voyager. Anyone may join who can follow the code of conduct, and it has been a transformative space for connecting and supporting each other.
- If you would like to support the continued work of our brave crew of voluntqueers, please consider contributing to our Patreon.
We will survive and thrive, and we are going to do it together.